It has truly been a rollercoaster season for the Rangers, both on and off the ice. They win a game, then lose a game. They win two, then lose two. They have yet to go on a win-streak of more than two games this season. They have also dealt with off-ice problems, including losing Artemi Panarin for an indefinite amount of time.
To talk about everything going on in Blueshirts land, and look ahead to their back-to-back matchups in New Jersey with the Devils, it’s time for a new episode of the “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Ron Duguay and Mollie Walker, featuring an interview with Devils legend Ken Daneyko.
Opening Segment with Ron, Mollie, Jake and Sarah:
- Happy Birthday Brian Leetch! Ron opens the show giving birthday wishes to a Rangers great. He then teases what is coming up on the show, including a nice Rangers win, trade talks and a chat with Mr. Devil.
- Mollie gets into Pavel Buchnevich’s impressive play. Alexis Lafreniere and his rookie season thus far. Some fans are wrong for labeling him a “bust” for what they have seen in just 20 games in a bizarre season.
- Ron calling Mika Zibanejad’s breakout game on Twitter.
- Colin Blackwell being a “diamond in the rough.”
- What condiments do we put on our hot dogs and pretzels or do we have them without condiments? Ron is a big ketchup guy. Mollie talks media food at MSG and Prudential Center during these pandemic times.
Larry Brooks Interview:
NY Post Rangers beat writer
- Do Rangers have genuine interest in trading for Jack Eichel? What would it take for them to get him from the Sabres?
- Eichel coming off a disappointing game against the Rangers.
- The new-look top line for the Rangers with Lafreniere in there.
- Ryan Lindgren playing with a snarl. He has exceeded expectations.
Ken Daneyko Interview:
20 seasons as Devils defenseman (1983-2003), MSG Plus Devils color analyst, NHL Network analyst
- The up-and-down season for the Devils.
- What is special about Jack Hughes?
- Previewing the two Devils-Rangers matchups.
- Mackenzie Blackwood’s goaltending, not hitting ceiling yet.
- Memories with Ron on the Canada TV show “Battle of the Blades.”
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes will be released every Thursday.