Blake Griffin may not be the player he once was, but the Nets don’t need him to be. They need Griffin to be, maybe, their 6th or 7th best player, which he certainly is capable of doing. An already stacked Nets roster had now added a player that made his sixth All-Star team just two years ago. Griffin went from gloomy hours in Detroit to scary hours in Brooklyn. The Nets were already one of the NBA Finals favorites, and adding Griffin in the mix just makes this team even scarier.
To talk about the Griffin addition and look ahead to the second half of this promising Nets season, we bring you a brand new episode of the number one Nets podcast, “Fullcourt on Flatbush,” with Robin Lundberg and Nets great Kerry Kittles, featuring a rap battle and a chat with radio analyst Tim Capstraw.
Fullcourt on Flatbush Podcast with Robin, Kerry & Jake:
- Robin predicts Blake Griffin’s first Nets score will be on a dunk, which would be his first dunk since 2019. How much will coming to a championship team revitalize Griffin? What will his role be?
- Fitting Griffin in the rotation. Could mean fewer minutes for Nic Claxton. Griffin can pass the ball too. This is a team that will be mocked if they don’t win now. Set up to win a NBA title. Kerry believes it’s championship or bust.
- Griffin coming to NYC will be huge for him. Also dabbles in comedy. Maybe we see him performing at an NYC comedy club this summer?
Lil’ Young vs. J-Swizzy Rap Battle: Robin and I go head-to-head in a Nets rap battle, including a couple of shots taken at each other. Who wins Round 2?
Tim Capstraw Interview:
WFAN Nets radio color analyst
- Thrilled to be a part of calling games for this Nets team.
- Expectations high now, winning a title is realistic.
- Credit to Steve Nash and Mike D’Antoni. Nash is cool and intellectual.
- Memories watching and calling Kerry’s games with the Nets. Looking back to Game 6 of the 2003 NBA Finals when Byron Scott pulled him when he was hot.
- Adding Griffin to the roster and what the team will look like in the second half. Should the Nets add Andre Drummond if he is bought out?
- Working with Chris Carrino and how good the Nets broadcast crew is.
Catch up on all episodes of “Fullcourt on Flatbush,” a Brooklyn Nets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Kerry Kittles and Robin Lundberg on Twitter @Kerry_Kittles30 and @robinlundberg. New episodes drop Wednesday afternoons.